Welcome to my Blog

I am a crafty mother of two girls. I enjoy doing crafts and baking with my daughters when I get the chance. Half Caked Ideas is my spot to post pictures of the cake, cards, cookies and other crafts we do.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Maggie May

Photobucket
This is a cake I made in April 2008 for a baby shower one of the girls at work was throwing in anticipation of the arrival of Little Maggie May. This cake is white cake topped with buttercream icing and royal icing flowers. The letters and the royal icing flowers were all done ahead of time. I made the stork, blanket and baby out of packaged gum paste.
PhotobucketThis was my first attempt at making figures out of gum paste. I felt the stork turned out really cute, and the blanket had a really nice texture to it. The baby was passable at best, but compaired to the first attempt dubbed "ugly baby" it was excellent. I think I still have ugly baby around the house somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment