Welcome to my Blog

I am a crafty mother of two girls. I enjoy doing crafts and baking with my daughters when I get the chance. Half Caked Ideas is my spot to post pictures of the cake, cards, cookies and other crafts we do.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Golf Cake



My husband's dad turned 60 this year! They asked me to make a golf themed cake. I wanted to put a fondant made golf cart, golf bag and golfer on the cake, but was nervous about my ability to pull it off. I started with the golf cart, because I thought it might be the easiest. Next I thought I would try the golf bag. Basiclly I was putting off the golfer, because making a person is so much harder!

I did end up making the golfer twice to get the final look I was happy with, but in the end it was not as hard as I thought it would be.

I was very happy with the final cakes.

1 comment: