Welcome to my Blog

I am a crafty mother of two girls. I enjoy doing crafts and baking with my daughters when I get the chance. Half Caked Ideas is my spot to post pictures of the cake, cards, cookies and other crafts we do.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Flood Icing
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tablespoon meringue powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Approx 3/4 cup water
Mix together powdered sugar and meringue powder.
Slowly add water to the mix until the consistency is smooth but still stiff enough to peak.
At this point reserve about 1/6 of the icing to use for outlining.
Color if desired.
Slowly add more water to the remaining mixture, till icing is smooth and does not hold peaks.
Separate into bowls and color as desired.
Be sure to put your icing into an airtight container right away. This icing hardens quickly and I usually keep the piping bags under a damp paper towel while I am working with them to keep the tips of the bag from crusting over. In an airtight container you can keep this icing fresh for two weeks or possibly longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment